The Historic Locomotive #1673 Task Force was formed in 1992 when Tucson Mayor George Miller and the Tucson City Council determined there was a need for a group to oversee the restoration of the locomotive. The group was a 100% volunteer effort. Its members represent a cross section of the community from college students to working professionals to retired Southern Pacific employees. Since 1992, the members of the task force have cosmetically restored the locomotive to its current condition using donations, grant funds, money from the City of Tucson, and contributions from the Tucson-Pima County Historical Commission. As of December 3, 2000, the task force relocated the Locomotive #1673 to the former Southern Pacific Depot on Toole Avenue and provided a structure to shelter the locomotive from the elements. The Task Force was voluntarily disbanded at a City Council Meeting in 2002. Many of the former Task Force members have joined the Museum. We are indebted to the 1673 Task Force for their incredible accomplishments in saving Locomotive 1673 and restoring and protecting this Southern Arizona treasure.